Friday, March 4, 2011

Projector Power

Ever want to make custom signs, games or decorations based on your theme but thought your artistic ability was that of someone only able to make stick men?  Well do I have the answer for you....an opaque projector.  With an opaque projector it is as easy as tracing with no artistic skill required!!!  A projector can help you can make that pin the tail on the ____ game, signs, one of those life size pictures with the heads cutout or even a mural.  This one from hobbylobby.com is the one that I have.  I recommend getting it or one like it from one of the craft stores like Hobby Lobby or Michaels and using one of their 40-50% off coupons otherwise their price isn't really worth it.



Here is a Pooh sign I made to put outside the door at a Winnie the Pooh party.  I used the projector on some yellow poster board tracing the lines with markers, colored in the shirt then cut him out. 


This is an Eeyore for the same Winnie the Pooh party that I made into a pin the tail on game.  I traced Eeyore onto blue poster board with marker then added some hi lights with white chalk.  I cut it out and glued it onto a white piece of poster board and made extra tails to play the game with. 


Here is a couple murals I made using the projector.  You might need a little bit of painting experience to tackle this project unless you just want to use a paint pen to do the outlines.  Which I'm sure would also turn out looking great.




1 comment:

  1. I never realized there were so many uses for a projector! I really like the pin-the-tail-on-Eeyore game. Also, the murals are beautiful, but I don't think I could tackle them myself. Your shading really makes the mural, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...