Saturday, May 7, 2011

No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies

Peanut butter makes the best cookies and candies.  I mean really when you think about it it's second only to chocolate, which of course will always be #1 in my book.  This recipe is one that my mom likes to remember as the first recipe that she ever learned to make when she was in 4H.  It's a quick and easy recipe to have your older kids help you with as long as you watch them while they are using the stove.  My mom made this with her 4H clover kids group this last weekend but I forgot to take a picture of the cookies (and I had eaten all the leftovers by the next day).  So the picture below is one that I took for a recipe book that I gave out for Christmas gifts a few years back.  If you are feeling adventurous you can try the recipe with different types of cereal or even add in some chocolate chips or drizzle some chocolate on top.

No Bake Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
1/2 c. White Corn Syrup
1 c. Sugar
1 c. Peanut Butter
2 c. Cornflakes

Put corn syrup & sugar in a pot on the stove.  Stir and bring just to a boil.  Remove from heat and add peanut butter & stir until combined.  Add cornflakes and stir until combined.  Drop spoonfuls onto wax paper.  Cool down then enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. YUM. Drizzled in chocolate would be perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Gram makes these all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...