Friday, June 17, 2011

Sloppy Joe Bake

I haven't posted in a couple weeks so while making supper the other night and thinking how great the dish is I thought I would share it with all of you.  I hope to get back in a crafty mood soon and start posting more party & crafting posts but it's just been kind of crazy here lately. 

This recipe started out as a recipe I found in a Bisquick cookbook but I've made some slight changes and it's simply YUMMY.  Hope your family likes it as much as mine does.

Sloppy Joe Bake




Sloppy Joe Bake Recipe
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 lb hamburger
1/4 c. ketchup
1 can cream of celery condensed soup
1/2 t. salt
2 c. Bisquick
1/2 c. milk
3 T. margarine or butter, softened
1 egg
4 slices of processed American Cheese

Step 1:  Take part of a stick of butter and rub it all around inside a pie pan.


Step 2:  Brown the hamburger.  Add the onion, ketchup, cream of celery and salt.  Ok, I cheated and used dried minced onions, but it was all I had.  It still turned out fine.  I think I also used more ketchup than the recipe says to but I like it with alot of ketchup.  I don't really measure it I just pour it in so I'm not really sure how much I use.


This is how it looks after you mix it all together.  I usually go by the color of it after I mix it all together to see if I should add more ketchup or not.  Like I said I usually don't measure anything
.

Step 3:  In a bowl combine the Bisquick, milk, softened butter & egg.  I just stir it together with a fork.  Your mix will look like this.


Step 4:  Spread the Bisquick mixture in your pie pan with the fork.  Making sure you evenly coat the sides & bottom of the pan.


Step 5:  Fill the Bisquick "crust" with your Sloppy Joe mixture and Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.


It will look like this after you bake it.

Step 6:  Take your cheese slices and cut them along the diagonal (I cheated again and just folded it and made them into triangles that way)  Add the cheese to the top of your Sloppy Joe Bake in the shape of a pinwheel.


Step 7:  Put it back in the oven and bake for 5 minutes more to melt the cheese.  (I may have baked mine a little too long.  It usually looks a little prettier than this)  Then it will be ready to serve.  Just cut into pie shaped servings slices and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...