Monday, July 4, 2011

Yup, they are my kids!

So we are having people over tonight for the 4th of July and my husband is at work so my goal for today was to have the kids help me clean the house.  I sent them downstairs to pickup their toys and I was working on cleaning the upstairs.  It didn't take very long and they were back upstairs saying they wanted to decorate the basement for the 4th and showed me that they found some blue streamers that they wanted to make something with.  So  we stopped cleaning at once and went to work on a craft project, because of course I would rather be crafting than cleaning.  A few pieces of construction paper and one sheet of cutout stars later we had a really great looking 4th of July decoration.  My house is still not clean but oh well.  I guess finding out that my kids are crafters before all else is more important to me than having a clean house.  Here's a picture of the finished project.  Turned out really cute didn't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...