Friday, August 26, 2011

Crystallized Cinnamon Nuts


The thing I love the most about going to craft shows and festivals are the stands that sell food.  I mean where else can you get fried oreos, baklava, snow cones and candied nuts all in one place.  The candied nuts are my favorite.  I'm sure all the sugar on them kind of knocks out any of the nutritional value that the nuts had before hand, but everything in moderation.  Here is a recipe I've used for years they are not quite like the ones you get at festivals but they are very delicious.  These have a more crystallized coating than a hard candy coating but they taste great and make a quick present for someone at Christmas or for any occasion.

Crystallized Cinnamon Nuts
1 1/4 c Brown Sugar (packed)
1/4 c cream
1 T butter
1/2 t cinnamon
1/8 t salt
1 t vanilla
2 c almonds (or other nut of your choice)

Combine sugar, cream, butter, Cinnamon & salt in a 2 qt pot.  Mix.  Bring to a boil over medium heat.  Cook to 244 degrees (firm ball stage), stirring constantly.  Remove from heat.  Add vanilla & nuts.  Constantly stir until candy gets a crystallized coating on nuts.  Spread on cookie sheet to cool.  Break apart if necessary.


1 comment:

  1. OMG, this is exciting--I love these things! I'm going to make them with pecans! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...