Saturday, September 3, 2011

Super Easy Mickey Mouse Cake

I made this cake for my son's 4th Birthday.  Mickey Mouse Clubhouse was our theme and I wanted to make a cake with a Mickey theme that wouldn't be just be a plastic Mickey sitting on top of the cake.  I also needed it to be super easy to make because I didn't have a lot of time to spend making a cake. So I came up with this cake that is made with bought frosting, bought fondant, oreos and fondant cutters.  My son helped me cut out all the shapes and letters and we had a lot of fun making it together. 


Supplies
2 or 3 layers of cake
Bought frosting
Primary Premade Fondant
Circle Cutters
Letter Cutters
Oreos

Step 1:  Layer & frost the cake.

Step 2:  Roll out fondant according to the directions and use the cutters to make the shapes you want.  Put a layer of wax paper under the fondant to make it easier to peel the letters and shapes up after you cut them out.  I used circle cutters but you could probably find something around your house to make circle shapes if you looked then you couldn't have to buy the cutter.  (I bought both types of cutters and the fondant from Michaels using coupons so I didn't spend a lot of money on this cake and the cutters can be reused for other cakes at a later time.)


 
Step 3:  Just lightly push your cut out shapes and letters on to your prefrosted cake.

Step 4:  I took an oreo and crumbled it then put the crumbs on the top edge of the cake for some added color.

Step 5:  Arrange the oreos around the cake and you are done.  It is that easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...